About Eureka Heights
Established in 2016, Eureka Heights Brew Co. is a local Independent Craft Brewery rapidly growing in the Houston market. We pride ourselves in creating award-winning beer that is interesting, approachable and fun.
Eureka Heights is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Have you ever wanted to pour award winning, sessionable beer in an unconditioned warehouse? Boy howdy, do we have a job for you. We’re looking for a bartender to join our front-of-house team. Along with amazing beer pouring skills we want someone who can recite the alphabet backward while hula hooping on one foot*.
What we’re looking for:
- Full-Time Hourly Position – approximately 30 hours per week
- Be a Eureka Heights Brew Co. brand ambassador at all times and showcase excellent
customer service to each individual you encounter.
- Ability to give memorable high fives
- Have an understanding of all Eureka Heights beers and be able to describe them in detail
to anyone and everyone.
- Be able to pour beer in both a flamboyant and non-flamboyant manner
- Follow all Eureka Heights rules outlined in the employee handbook.
- Show up on time
- Wear a Eureka Heights shirt
- Generally, be awesome
- Available weekly between Wednesday – Sunday
Specific responsibilities with respect to bartending are to:
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable on all company products and trends.
- Miscellaneous on-site sales matters as directed by management.
- Miscellaneous distribution activities as directed by management.
- Miscellaneous production activities as directed by management.
Specific Physical Demands Required:
- Requires the use and wear of personal protective equipment (PPE) including non-slip
shoes, gloves as needed.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, twisting, squatting, pulling, pushing, grasping for
long periods of time.
- Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver kegs and other items weighing around
*May not be an actual requirement
Specific requirements for the Beertender are:
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have fundamental math skills in order to count registers and inventory.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be organized and demonstrate good time management and people skills.
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and have excellent work ethic.
- Must have a valid TABC server certification.
- Cicerone certification is a plus.
- Must be 21 or older to apply.
Required Work Schedule:
- Approximately 30 hours per week
- 5 shifts per week, generally Wednesday – Sunday
- Option to pick up occasional Monday or Tuesday shifts
- High Fives
- Some Money
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan – Eligible after one year of service
- Annual education stipend